Sunday, October 4, 2009

#7 -- Something technology related

I'm usually a pretty private individual. I don't think Twitter would be a place for me personally. Because of it's apparent popularity, I do think that it probably would have value for the library. It would be great for the library to have "followers" and for those followers to be able to keep up with events at the library, great reads, etc -- in a cool, fun way. But, I was quite upset by the newspaper article this week detailing a woman's decision to Twitter about extremely personal events in her life. Is this where this type of technology invites us to go? I don't want to go there. I also have a question -- is there a difference between Twitter and Facebook?

That being said, I do feel that it is important for the librarians to know about as many things technology related as possible. I really appreciate this introduction to and exploration of available technologies. However, at the rate that they are being introduced, how will I keep up with them?

1 comment:

  1. Twitter is also like a way for other person to invade your privacy. I am not really into twitter. I don't like trending topic especially when someone is getting hurt, example~ celebrity issues.

    Gina
    Cliquez ici to visit my website.

    ReplyDelete